Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Get Over It, Says The Left - Obama Won; Sorry - There's A Little More To It Than That...
1. He will oversee the death of the American coal industry. Obama set out to regulate it to death and he is succeeding. So far one-fifth of coal mines have closed because of Obama. The rest will likely fade away by the end of his second term.
2. He won't allow oil drilling on federal land, he won't issue new permits for offshore drilling, but he'll give hundreds of millions of dollars to "green" energy companies, many of which have gone bankrupt (except for their executives of course.) He will also give billions of dollars to OTHER countries like Brazil so they can drill for oil off their own shores.
3. He praises the Muslim Brotherhood, which has called for the destruction of Israel, and gives some of its members access to the White House, the Pentagon, and the CIA. He lavishes praise on Egypt's new president Mohamed Morsi, who has just anointed himself the dictator of that country.
4. He'll never really cut spending in a meaningful way. Therefore, we'll have at least five trillion dollars more debt by the end of his second term, making the dollar less valuable, increasing the costs of food and other products, and passing on a legacy of crushing debt to our children and grandchildren.
5. He and his White House staff, intelligence people, and State Department hacks, sat around and watched while four Americans were murdered in Benghazi, Libya. When these brave souls asked for help, it was denied. Obama and his fellow politicians should be charged with murder.
6. He gave executive privilege to Eric Holder so he doesn't have to testify about the Fast and Furious gun running scandal which resulted in the death of a Border Patrol agent. If there's nothing to hide, why the executive privilege?
7. He has visited numerous Arab countries, bad-mouthing America and bowing to the Saudi king (whose own dictatorship is as bad or worse than either Mubarak's or Qaddafi's regimes.) He has never once visited Israel during his time as president.
8. He insulted the United Kingdom by returning a statue of Winston Churchill that had been a gift from the British people. It is believed by some that this was because Obama's Kenyan grandfather was imprisoned by the British.
9. He provides full Secret Service protection to senior aide Valerie Jarrett, a benefit that has never before been provided to such a low-ranking figure. What is she - the power behind the power?
10. He is the only president in history to spend millions of dollars to hide his college records. Now why would he do that?
11. His parents were Marxists, his grandparents were Marxists, his mentor (Frank Marshal Davis) was a Marxist, he is proud to have hung out with Marxists in college, so why would anyone think that he leaned toward the socialist/Marxist world?
12. He believes that big government is smarter than the individual. All of us peasants are just too stupid to know what to eat, what to drive, or even what to think.
13. Instead of uniting the country, he has divided us more than any president in history.
14. He spent twenty years attending Reverend Jeremiah Wright's church, where the hate-spewing religion of black liberation theology (a Marxist based philosophy) sours the minds of its members, fostering bitterness and hatred.
15. His signature achievement - Obamacare - is the largest tax increase in American history. I didn't call it a tax - the United States Supreme Court called it a tax. That means Obama lied when he said he wouldn't add taxes to the middle class. Obamacare will strike every level of American life. Didn't feel like buying insurance? Sorry, you WILL buy insurance or the IRS will charge you a penalty. Not to mention what this entire program will add to the national debt.
16. Another gift of Obamacare will be the loss of millions of full-time jobs. This has already begun. Employers will change full-time jobs to part-time jobs to avoid the Obamacare mandate. Then employees will be forced to buy their own insurance, which won't be cheap.
17. He will likely succeed in raising taxes on the job creators in America. We already have the highest taxes in the world, so his actions will further suppress growth in America and drive more companies overseas.
18. He and his surrogates will do everything possible to minimize or destroy the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment. As soon as the election ended, his administration called for new efforts to pass the United Nations Arms Control Treaty. He said he will sign it when it comes before him. This agreement calls for registration and confiscation of certain weapons, and it is an end run around the Constitution. By the way, Democratic Senator Diane Feinstein also called for new gun control legislation which would include the banning of many weapons and weapons accessories. She also called for no "grandfathering" which would mean confiscation of banned weapons.
19. By sending Obama back to the White House, you have probably given him the opportunity to fill at least one Supreme Court seat. That one seat will give the liberals/Progressives the majority of the Court. Then they will do what they can to interpret the Constitution far to the left of center, including the Second Amendment. This will all be in Obama's favor - NOT to the benefit of liberty-loving Americans.
I could go on, my left-wing friends and relatives, but you get the idea. Electing Obama for a second term was one of the biggest mistakes in American history. So, no, I will not get over it, but you will not enjoy the ultimate consequences of your very poor decision.
But I guess there is just one piece of positive news about his reelection. Maybe Michelle Obama is proud of her country for the second time in her life.......
Charles M. Grist
Author of the award-winning book My Last War: A Vietnam Veteran's Tour in Iraq