"You Americans are so gullible. No, you won't accept communism outright, but we'll keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you'll finally wake up and find you already have communism. We won't have to fight you. We'll so weaken your economy until you'll fall like overripe fruit into our hands." Soviet leader Nikita Krushchev, as quoted by Ezra Taft Benson, Dwight Eisenhower's Secretary of Agriculture.
Just before the 2012 election, a relative of mine told me that Barack Obama was a “moderate.” No one who really understands this president could possibly refer to him as a moderate. Certainly his political party is anything but middle of the road. They are trying to kill the America of our Founding Fathers and institute some government monster that will control every aspect of American life.
This is not the Democratic Party of your fathers and grandfathers. The traditional American party has been completely hijacked by the Progressive movement, a socialist river of evil that had its genesis in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
According to Thomas G. West and William A. Schambra, writing for the Heritage Foundation:
“While the Progressives differed in their assessment of the problems and how to resolve them, they generally shared in common the view that government at every level must be actively involved in these reforms. The existing constitutional system was outdated and must be made into a dynamic, evolving instrument of social change, aided by scientific knowledge and the development of administrative bureaucracy.”
There you go: Big government interfering at every level of society and a disdain for the Constitution. That defines the Democratic Party – excuse me – the Progressive Socialist Party of today. It also defines the current figurehead of the Progressive Socialist movement, Barack Obama.
To begin to understand Obama, all you have to do is look at the list of leftists, Progressives, socialists and communists he has appointed during his administration. Some of them have since left government service. Here are a few of Obama’s selections:
- The president’s first czar for “green jobs” was Van Jones, a self-proclaimed revolutionary communist;
- His selection for “environmental czar” was Carol Browner, former commissioner of the Socialist International;
- John Holdren, who considers capitalism a destructive force, but supports the redistribution of wealth internationally, became the “science czar”;
- Hilda Solis, a former officer of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, became Obama’s labor secretary. The Progressive Caucus is the socialist branch of the House of Representatives;
- He also selected Anita Dunn as the White House communications director. She is the woman who famously said that Mao Zedong was one of her favorite political philosophers. (Yes, that Mao Zedong, the Chinese communist dictator who slaughtered over sixty million of his own people.)
- Ed Montgomery became the auto recovery Czar. He is known as an anti-business activist who was the dean of the business school at the University of Maryland. He teaches that America is the cause of poverty in the world. He was also a board member for ACORN and a member of the Communist DuBois Club;
- Alan Bersin became the Border Czar and served in this position under Janet Reno. He wants to keep the borders open to illegals without government involvement;
- Cass Sunstein was selected as Obama’s Regulatory Czar. He is well known as a liberal activist judge who says that the right of the people to free speech should have limitations. His rulings have been anti-Constitutional relating to gun ownership and the right to free speech;
- Gary Samore, the Weapons of Mass Destruction policy czar. He is a “former” communist who wants America to unilaterally destroy our nuclear weapons.
It should also be noted that, according to Paul Roderick Gregory’s article in Forbes magazine, Obama’s economic agenda is almost identical to the November 2011 Declarations of Principles of the Party of European Socialists.
The goals of the Obama administration, and the goals of his annointed successor Hillary Clinton, are Progressive Socialist goals. When Hillary Clinton was asked if she was a liberal during an interview, she stated that she preferred the term “Progressive.” ‘Nuff said.
In the same Heritage Foundation article, Thomas G. West is quoted (I have highlighted certain sections):
“The Founders believed that all men are created equal and that they have certain inalienable rights. All are also obliged to obey the natural law, under which we have not only rights but duties. We are obliged ‘to respect those rights in others which we value in ourselves’ (Jefferson). The main rights were thought to be life and liberty, including the liberty to organize one's own church, to associate at work or at home with whomever one pleases, and to use one's talents to acquire and keep property. For the Founders, then, there is a natural moral order -- rules discovered by human reason that promote human well-being, rules that can and should guide human life and politics.
The Progressives rejected these claims as naive and unhistorical. In their view, human beings are not born free. John Dewey wrote that freedom is not ‘something that individuals have as a ready-made possession.’ It is ‘something to be achieved.’ In this view, freedom is not a gift of God or nature. It is a product of human making, a gift of the state. Man is a product of his own history, through which he collectively creates himself. He is a social construct. Since human beings are not naturally free, there can be no natural rights or natural law. Therefore, Dewey also writes, ‘Natural rights and natural liberties exist only in the kingdom of mythological social zoology.’”
That is some scary stuff, and this is the philosophy of YOUR Democratic Party. Sorry, the Progressive Socialist Party.
The massive and growing government bureaucracy spreads throughout our society with an anti-capitalist philosophy, attempts to suppress dissent by demonizing those who believe in the Constitution, intrusions on privacy (TSA “fondling” at airport checkpoints, surveillance of the Internet, cell phones, emails, warrantless wiretapping, and the introduction of thousands of surveillance drones over America), waging a war on truth by control of the media, approving the detention of American citizens without charge or trial, and infringing on the people’s right to bear arms.
The Progressive Socialists continue their assault on the Constitution and the freedom of American citizens.
Big Brother is here…..
Charles M. Grist
Author of the award-winning book My Last War: A Vietnam Veteran’s Tour in Iraq