Saturday, July 25, 2009

Warriors Need Vacations, Too


My wife, Debbie, and I are in the middle of a long awaited vacation. Since I came home from Iraq late in 2004, we failed to take a real vacation during the first two years after my return. Then I spent more time on active duty until the end of January this year. Yeah, I know, shame on me.

We are spending about a week at Amelia Island Plantation, a great resort off the northeast coast of Florida. We have a beautiful condo on the beach and a lot of wonderful places to eat and shop. It is relaxing beyond belief.

I have also discovered that Amelia Island offers some great opportunities for service members to enjoy “warrior vacations”.

Blue skies, the soft pounding of the surf, the breeze that carries the salty air, the white beaches, and no crowds. Amelia Island is a true paradise. I took the above picture at sunrise yesterday from our balcony.

For further information, visit www.warriorvacations.org or call (904) 206-0710.

Charles M. Grist
www.TheCobraTeam.com
www.AmericanRanger.blogspt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment