Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. American Ranger - Together for 36 Years!


She was a shy young thing - only 18 - when she first caught my eye. I was a young Vietnam veteran who stubbornly asked her out three separate times. Then, at the last moment, she would cancel the date. On what I figured would be my last try, she accepted again, but this time she decided to take a chance. Boy, am I glad she did...

A year later, Debbie became my wife, and she has stood by me every step of the way. Four children and four grandchildren later, she is still my special angel, the love of my life, and the reason for all that I do. She has been the center of our family and the glowing heart of all we have been.

It has not always been easy. Like all couples, we have had our challenges, our successes, and our failures. We have endured pain and shared happiness, and, yes, there were those times when circumstances could have sent us our separate ways. Still, we stuck together, we refused to give up, and we made it because we're a team. I am blessed as few men can be.

Happy Anniversary, sweetheart...What say we do another 36 years?

The Luckiest Man in the World
www.AmericanRanger.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both!
    And, here's to another 36 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! What'd she ever see in you? Just kidding. Congrats. WB>

    ReplyDelete