Monday, September 21, 2009

American Ranger in Nevada

My wife, Debbie, and I flew to Reno, Nevada a few days ago and it was an interesting trip. I got to see old Virginia City and also Lake Tahoe.

Here are a few pictures from the land of the Cartwrights and the Ponderosa:

On a scenic overlook near Reno:



The absolutely beautiful vista overlooking Lake Tahoe:



Looking down into the old town of Virginia City:



Debbie and I have considered moving to another state upon my retirement from the police department. I saw some beautiful potential retirement locations. Unfortunately, this old Florida boy isn't sure he could handle the snow.

American Ranger will continue to "range" throughout the country when he gets a chance - even as the war on terror continues and our brave warriors face a brutal, relentless enemy.

I can't help feeling guilty that I'm not there with them. But it also makes me feel good to see a little more of our great country - that beloved America that we have fought for.

Flying back from San Francisco was extraordinary as well. The Rocky Mountains, the desert southwest, the heartland of America. God, we are so fortunate to live in such a land.

Our warriors will continue to fight for us overseas. The rest of us must make sure we take a stand here against those who would change America into something none of us would recognize.

I won't let it happen and I'm sure you won't either. We shall use the power of the ballot and the ability to speak our minds to reinforce our determination to keep the America our founding fathers created...

Charles M. Grist
www.TheCobraTeam.com
www.AmericanRanger.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. "The rest of us must make sure we take a stand here against those who would change America into something none of us would recognize."

    I didn't see this on your blogroll...
    That may be your choice, or perhaps you haven't come across it yet. There are _so_ many blogs out there!

    http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck and Debbie,

    So good to see you two enjoying some time together seeing our great land. This ole Army boy has the highest regard for your service Chuck. And, the same for you Debbie - I always give the lady of the house the credit for being the mortar that holds the home together - and this is ever so true for military families.
    Blessings,
    Dann K. Pottinger
    Orlando and Russellville, Ky

    ReplyDelete